Safety Tips

  • ● Have your fireplace unit serviced annually.
  • ● For direct-vent units, keep external wall vent clear at all times of snow & any debris.
  • ● Do not leave flammable material close to fireplace ie. drapes, cushions, mitts, etc.
  • ● Never leave small children alone in a room while the fireplace is operational.
  • ● Always have a carbon monoxide detector in the same room as the fireplace.
  • ● Remember the fireplace glass can heat up to 200 degrees Celsius and can take 45 minutes or longer to cool off.
  • ● If you smell gas, turn the gas off to the fireplace at the main shut off valve, then open door and windows.  Call your local gas company.
  • ● Do not operate gas fireplace if glass is cracked or if there is any other visual damage.
  • ● “Please read the linked brochure published by the Hearth Patio and Barbecue Association regarding safety screens for Gas Fireplaces.  Most of the fireplaces that we sell can be purchased with safety screens provided by the manufacturer.  If you own a fireplace that does not have a safety screen and would like one to protect your children or grandchildren, contact us at the store and we will attempt to find one that will be suitable for your needs.”
Site developed and maintained by WSI Web Applications